Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Riddle in Stone by Robert Evert

Back in July, I was privileged to have the chance to read a book from a new author, Robert Evert.  He's a nice guy with a good story to tell, and I never got around to posting my review on this blog (as it was set aside for a few months from April/May-ish until now/October.

So here's my review, from Goodreads:

First, I'd like the thank the author for providing me with a copy for review. I've only done this a few times, because I don't like feeling obligated, but I accepted and am so thankful that I did.

This book was just... FUN. It's got a stuttering, know-it-all, lame boring protagonist. Okay, maybe that's how he starts out. By the end, he's brave, honorable, and humble. This character growth was one of my favorite parts of the book!

I enjoyed the story, especially the relationships between Edmund and Thorax the dog and between Edmund and Pond Scum. (I also LOVED the Doctor Who reference of a character called Pond the whole time!).

The villains were fleshed out enough, the bad events were entertaining to read, the hero was easy to root for (seriously... I'm a book-obsessed dorky quasi-stutterer myself!), and the plot was paced properly.

I am really looking forward to reading more of Edmund and Pond's journey to take down the Undead King!


You can get a copy of Robert's book on Amazon: Riddle in Stone, and don't forget to check out the recently released sequel, Betrayal in the Highlands, to get more of Edmund's story.  I can't wait to read the second book!

No comments:

Post a Comment